Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Tiny" Dancer

Going to lunch today Niya fell fast asleep on the car ride over. When we arrived at the Mexican restaurant, I climbed in to get her out of the car. There was fiesta music playing in the background from the restaurants outdoor patio seating. As I unbuckled Niya, she opened her eyes and began to bob her head to the music... then the head slowly sank back down and she was fast asleep again! I laughed and tried to get her out of the seat, only to have her wake up, bob her head to the music (really getting into the beat) and then promptly fall asleep again (head hanging down, chin on her chest, and eyes closed). I motioned to Kevin to watch (he was waiting next to the car) and I gave her a little gentle pat, "wake up baby, time to go have some num nums." Once again the head is up, eyes open, and she is bobbing to the music and then she is back to sleep... I think our laughing finally woke her up (and then she just looked confused and sleepy)! :)

Poor kid, I tried to tell her that she needed that morning nap... she just didn't believe me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment