Monday, March 23, 2009

Safeway...

I was at the register in Safeway the other morning and the conversation went something like this:

Cashier: So, are you pregnant?
Me as if talking to a small and not so bright child: YEEEES!
Cashier: Oh, well you just never can tell these days... so congratulations! 
Me unsure if I am feeling insulted or not: Thanks

So, maybe it's just me... but should I feel insulted that I am a week away from being EIGHT months pregnant and she wasn't sure!!!!
I understand that if you are unsure it is best to say nothing! But if you are unsure is it also acceptable to ask and then tell the person that you couldn't tell?!?!! 

Kev has a few alternative responses to her question:

Cashier: So, are you pregnant?
Me: Are you blind? or maybe Dumb?

or
Cashier: So, are you pregnant?
Me: NO! Do I look pregnant OMG! a few tears might help in this one...

or 
Cashier: So, are you pregnant?
Me: No,  I have this condition where I'm only obese in the front... it's really weird!

or
Cashier: So, are you pregnant?
Me: Heeeere's your sign! (any Jeff Foxworthy fans out there?)


No comments:

Post a Comment